Design for Manufacturing
Design for manufacturing optimizes the design of a product so that it can be manufactured efficiently at the lowest acheivable cost. Design for manufacturing must also take into account the capabilities of the facility in which manufacturing is take place.
An excellent product is vital, but also it must be manufactured efficiently, with high quality and at the lowest achievable cost. Manufacturability can be added afterward with revisions to a design; but the best choice is to design manufacturability into a product from the beginning.
US Technics engineers have extensive direct experience in manufacturing. They have spent major parts of their careers on the shop floor seeing firsthand what makes a product move through manufacturing processes smoothly and efficiently. They understand that manufacturability depends on the facility to be used for production: what can be easily made in one factory or shop can be difficult in another. Therefore designs are tailored for the capabilities of the facility where production is to be done.
Latest Production Technologies
Let US Technics help assure your new or current products are designed to leverage the latest production technologies including:
- Laser and waterjet numerically controlled (NC) cutting
- NC forming
- Multi-axis NC machining
- Fixtureless welding
- Zero setup times
- MRP-II inventory control and just-in-time inventory
- Machines and mechanisms
- Structural steel and aluminum
- Sheet metal
- Mobile equipment
Highest Quality Production Documentation
US Technics provides standards-based engineering drawings, bills of material and related documentation to assure your product can be manufactured in any qualified workshop.
- Complete sourcing data for purchased components and processes
- ANSI or ISO standard engineering drawings of machined parts, fabricated parts, weldments, assemblies
- Vendor control drawings for purchased parts
- Exploded views for user documentation and illustrated parts catalogues
- Complete parts list databases in virtually any format